Sunday, March 20, 2011

It wasn't the Sunday I thought it was going to be,

but it was still pretty good. Slept in until after 9am, then worked on some graphics stuff and got the remote backups started. I think Ken said it would take about a week to get everything uploaded, but that’s OK. I already have the files saved in two places, and this will be the third. I’m actually moving things twice - once from laptop to mac mini, over wired ethernet (much faster than wireless), and once from mac mini to remote. Right now, I have to remember to move the stuff over, but eventually I should be able to automate even that.

Also got the other print for the GGP Gala ordered. I keep forgetting that it takes a week to get them back unless you do fast shipping, so once again I ended up paying more for the shipping than for the prints. Oh well. The one print of the blue agave (agave tequiliana) was pretty easy to clean up once I connected the size of the dropper in photoshop to the size of the area selected with the magic wand. Don’t worry if you didn’t understand that, but just be impressed that I figured out something from Adobe without having to look in five different places.

I beat Pokemon Black today, too. Go me! I think having the day “off” was a good thing. Usually Ian would have had LARP today, but the park in Palo Alto was closed because of all the rain, so Tony had to cancel. Then it turned out that today was pretty nice. Not that I went anywhere, but still. Ken made guacamole and I marinated a steak and we had steak fajitas for dinner. Initially Ken was all ‘can we just get a pizza’ but for once I said no, because the fajitas are much more healthy than the pizza. They turned out really yummy too. And there’s enough steak left over for good sandwiches for me tomorrow. yay.

Another busy week ahead for us. I have doctors on Monday & Tuesday - just check-ups, but one is the GI doctor, which is always fun. Ian has STAR testing end of the week, which confused me since I thought it was next week. Oh well. I guess this week works better than next, but its all still pretty bouncy. He will do his language arts & PE test this week, but the math one won’t be until April 7th.

Haven’t had time to read much, but I’ve been reading a book about the history of color (pigments & dyes) and it’s quite interesting. Can’t remember the name or author right now, it’s on my iPad Kindle reader. Need to get taxes done this week, next month we have to pay for the corvette registration. It costs more to register it now than it did when we bought it three years ago! Sheesh. And then there’s Ian’s summer session at UCSC if he gets in (I hope he does!) Our checking account always has this big sucking sound, I wonder why?

No comments: