Today I started on my revised head-meds, after seeing both the psychiatrist that manages my head-meds (psychologists are not licensed to prescribe medicines), and the GI doctor. My plumbing is doing well. The head-med doctor wants me to take a second dose of bupropion at about 4-5 pm since I’m not taking the SR version, and I usually run out of go-power just before dinner. Not a good thing when I’m supposed to be making dinner. Anyway, today was my first afternoon dose, and I’m trying to decide whether I like it. On the one hand, I’m not so drained by dinner that I’m falling asleep, and I got a LOT done today- double what I usually do (and all before dinner), but I’ve had a bit of a headache after dinner and I don’t know if it is the meds or not. Nothing severe, so I’m definitely going to give it a good try. Perhaps this can really help me get stuff done.
The FTB sent us another love letter. We are very late on our taxes, and the state is broke, so they are pretty aggressive. They aren’t going to like our return though - they are trying to say we owe them about 10 grand, but in truth they owe us. Same with the feds. Now if I only had time enough to do it.
Things I did get done today: cleared off the dining room table (it’s big and we don’t use it much, and it gets really cluttered), got the shoes that didn’t fit sent back, got the medical billing straightened out, got Medic Alert straightened out, ordered another round of postcards for the Marin & Bolinas exhibits in April (more on that later), started framing the two prints I’m donating to GGP for their Gala auction on Sunday.
The big problem turned out to be ordering the postcards. You would think a simple reorder would be, well, simple, but it was a HUGE pain. I use Quickbooks for Mac to keep track of my business stuff, including my clients and their information. When I got a new laptop last summer, I restored all my stuff to the new laptop, including Quickbooks. But, for some reason the registration program wasn’t working. *sigh* It was minor, and I kept forgetting about it. After all, I had a valid license for it. Well, I thought it was minor, until today when I needed to get the CC information for the post cards. I was locked out of my OWN data, on my OWN computer!! WTH! And when I called Intuit’s customer support, they basically said “sorry, your version is 4 years old and we don’t support it any more. Shell out $185 for the new version.” GRRR. I tried everything I could think of to get around it - I reinstalled the application, but that didn’t work. Wonderful. I mean, yes it is a business expense and a tax deduction, but I really didn’t need or want to buy it this week. But, the only way to get the CC info, which I really DID need, was to upgrade. So, I did. Had to take money out of the savings, but I did. Now I have the latest version, and I hate it. But at least I can get (eventually) to the information I need. Which is a good thing, I suppose.
Oh, and in Farmville, I got a TARDIS. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment