But it has a good ending. Ian is safely away camping and LARPing until Friday with his friends. It will be his first time playing and he’s really excited. The nice thing is that he should level out of the beginning group this week, which means that he can play regularly since the advanced group meets on sundays (the beginner group meets on Saturdays, when Ian has music).
But, it was quite the challenge to get there. First, we had to pack this morning, with me doing a lot of the work. Then, Ian and I had some running around to do. Ian had to see the orthodontist at 11:40, then he needed lunch, I needed to get to the Vet’s before 1pm, then over to the bank and to his friends’ house. Normally this isn’t a big deal, but by the time I got to the bank (last stop before dropping him off), I could hardly get out of the car. When I dropped Ian off, he came around onto the driver’s side and hugged me so I didn’t have to get out. I headed straight home and am now resting on the downstairs sofa. And while a shower might have been nice, it probably won’t happen until later today, when I have my strength back.
2 comments:
Sounds like a full day even without your recent surgery. I know it's easier said than done... but be gentle with yourself! :)
Thanks, Stella. I ended up sleeping most of the rest of the day. But I knew I had overdone it when I needed to take one of the "killer" pain pills last night, and another one this morning. :-( Healing is a slow process when you get to be over 50.
Post a Comment