It’s hard to complain about the world when you just got a brand new laptop. Of course, being that it’s me, I could .... but I won’t. I kept my promise to myself that I would not open my new laptop until after I’d taken a shower. Made it easy for me to get my butt motivated to get it done. As if on schedule, the new laptop came while I was rinsing off, so I had Ken (actually Ian - Ken’s foot is still bad) take it upstairs to the classroom. Once dried off and dressed, I went to see my new baby. Had to have Ian actually pull it out of the box though - I still don’t have the strength to do that. And what a wonderful machine it is!
It’s only a bit wider than my 13” MacBook was, amazingly enough. I thought it would be bigger. I’m very glad I didn’t try to get the 17” one though. I spent the bucks to get the hi-res screen, and boy is it nice. Transferring my stuff to the new MacBook Pro took less than an hour, of which a good 15 minutes was spent hunting for a FireWire 800 cable so I could use my Time Machine backup.
I have named my new computer Unohana, after the Bleach (manga) character of the same name. She is one of the captains, and *no one* messes with her. Ian said that Captain Unohana was the comic book character I most resembled to him when I asked him once while I was taking a quiz online.
Ian made me lunch today, for which I am very glad. He is truly a wonderful guy. I wish everyone could have teen-agers like him. He really tries to be helpful and to do the things we ask. Anyway, we sat downstairs together for the afternoon, until I had to take a nap. I had decided to go for sushi tonight, since we had to get milk & stuff anyway. It took more out of me than I expected, to be honest. Got back home and had trouble adjusting my chair and laptop and all that fun stuff, so finally I moved over to the chaise part of the sofa, kicking the cats off in the process. Claudia was glad to see me, and immediately resumed her spot in my lap. Yay! I haven’t been able to do that since she had her last saddle thrombus just before I went in for my surgery. It makes us both happy.
Max, my wonderful MacBook, is quietly resting at the moment, having finished his last job for me this morning in fine, if slow, form. I am writing an ode to him, but it is not finished yet. I’ll post it when I do finish.
I am quite a bit better at moving around, but it is still quite painful at times, and I really noticed it after going out this evening, which is why I am glad that I can stretch out a bit on the chaise.
But I am feeling better today, and that’s good.
(cross-posted)
No comments:
Post a Comment