Today started off OK. I think I slept well enough, but I didn’t wear my mask so I was a bit tired. Ian and I took off to Ian’s lesson in SF, and then I spent some time at Starbucks while he had theory and quartet rehearsal. Last night Ian told me that he had felt earlier in the week that Ken wasn’t going to be around for more than a few days, and that in one sense, having him pass so quickly was a relief since the sword was no longer just above his head on a thread. My son is sometimes wise beyond his years.
We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden after I picked Ian up, and then went home, stopping to pick up the mail. Only one condolence card, from a program manager that Ken worked with ages ago. I remember her, and she remembers Ian as a very small boy running around in the Cupertino buildings.
The ‘vette battery is dead, but before we (Mark and I) replace it, I want to make sure there isn’t a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin or whatever Chevrolet calls them) on the BCM (Battery Control Module). I was reading that some of the C06s had the problem in the 2005 - 2007 models, but supposedly by 2008 they had fixed it. We’ll see. Also trying to figure out whether I have an active AAA membership or not. When I look online, it says I do but then when I try to do anything it says “not active”. Very confusing. I would like to know if I can get the ‘Vette towed to the dealership or if I have to have their people come out and get it.
One of the other homeschool moms brought over dinner tonight - yummy chicken enchiladas. We now have so much food I told the people for tomorrow night that they were off the hook since we had so much food in the fridge now that I was afraid it would spoil before it got eaten, and we have no room in the freezer.
After dinner, I went downstairs and played LittleBigPlanet on the PS3. I am so bad at this game it’s funny. First, the controller is the opposite of the Wii and DS, so I keep canceling my actions. Second, I totally, totally suck at platformers. But. The little sack poppit is so cool, and we did enough of the tutorial & first levels that I was able to get the Elizabethan dress, collar, and hat I wanted, AND I can almost get the motion down so I can slap the other character. Go me.
After we played that for a while, I came upstairs and decided I’d pick up the dayroom a bit, since I’d like to be able to use it again. I picked a few bits of trash off the floor, and put a couple washcloths together to be washed, and was picking up the water bottles when I saw the syringe that we used to give Ken water his last two days. And I lost it. I started crying. Ian held me, and I kept apologizing and he kept telling me that there was nothing to apologize for. After a couple minutes, I calmed down enough to tell him what set me off, and he helped me get to my spot in the nerd pod with my tea and glasses. I may have to start drinking coffee just so I don’t have to have the memories of Ken making me tea every morning to make me sad. I miss him so much, I was holding his sweater this morning just because it smelled like him. And Aslan can’t find him anywhere.
Tomorrow we are just going to stay home, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment