- I think I’m finally over being sick. Mostly. Just a bit of the cough left. And my throat is still dry. But at least I have some energy today, which is more than I could say for most of the week.
- I’m up to over 17,000 words in my NaNo novel. Not great, but better than most, and luckily for me I can write this year’s book almost as fast as I can type.
- It’s raining here again. Which I suppose is a good thing. It is November, so I expect there to be rain. I kind of like lightening, especially when there are multiple bolts that show up in sequence from the front window, then the two side windows, then the back windows. Kind of like runner lights.
- I do NOT, however, like thunder. It always makes me jump, and a lot of time it seems like it’s clapping my head between it’s non-existent hands.
- Looks like the cats don’t care for it much either - I think I just saw Rocky run under the table in our bedroom, and Aslan is trying to glue himself to Ken. Claudia could not care less.
- Of course, with all the lightning and thunder, it usually means that it is just a matter of time before we lose power. (sigh).
- Ken finally turned the heat on this morning. I guess when it gets down into the low 40s at night, the house gets cold even if we do have good windows.
- As of last Thursday, the old 87 Mustang that lived in our garage is gone on to a new owner and new adventure, leaving enough space in the garage that with a little bit of work I will be able to have my car in the garage as its regular spot. Wow - no more bird s**t on my car in the morning. What a concept.
- Ian is off school all next week, except for his concert in SF on Monday evening, and his Japanese class at the college on Tuesday evening.
- Tomorrow, if it is not raining too hard, Ian and I will be going to Palo Alto so he can play in the rain in the park. I’m sure he’ll have fun, but I kind of wish I still had my festival tent (10’ x 10’ white high-top tent like you see at art fairs), since it had sides that zipped on it. I could have had a nice place for everyone to sit while the kids were out in the goo.
- Ah, Ken just brought me a flashlight. It’s dark outside, probably not too long until our electricity bails. Or not. It has been getting better, although to be honest, that isn’t saying much.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Saturday Miscellany
Did I even spell that correctly? Wow. Just some different things going on in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment