Saturday, February 9, 2013

Enh.


I am doing enh.  I have too many things to do, no time to do them, and have been having things break/go bad all around me. This week alone, Ian has had to light the hot water heater twice (thank goodness E next door showed him how), I have had to drop a formatting project in the middle and have someone else pick it up. Never done that before.  Didn't like it very much.

I almost ruined the Corvette engine on Thursday by driving it without enough oil, then locked the Corvette keys in the car when I stopped to get a quart of oil at the gas station (fortunately I was only in Pacifica and Matt [contractor] was kind enough to run the spare set up to me), but that made me a half hour late to sit at the art exhibit I was in at UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens.  Yesterday we spent the afternoon at UC Santa Cruz doing a college tour, after spending the am in San Mateo while Ian was at class. Tomorrow I have a birthday party to go to - I will probably make and appearance and head home (who am I kidding - I'm going to stay the whole time).

I still have to finish my painting for the UCSF Medical exhibit.  It was supposed to go to the framer's yesterday, but I won't have time to work on it until tomorrow (maybe).  I need to order the vanity mirror, curtain rod, and shower extension so Matt can finish Ian's bathroom. Monday I am at CSM all day because Ian has class.  Tuesday I'm going to try to go to art in SF in the morning, but will get home just in time to turn around and go back up to SF for Ian's concert.  Wednesday I am taking Ian to class in the morning, then he has his driving test in the afternoon.  Thursday I get my hair cut & colored (rescheduled *twice* already), and Friday Ian has chemistry then has a gig in the City.  With luck he will be able to drive himself to class, meaning I only have to drive him to the Presidio in SF to be there at 4:45 on Friday afternoon.  Saturday is orchestra day, and then, next Sunday (17th) we have nothing planned.  We are trying to keep it that way too.  Last week was just as bad.  I need to do grocery shopping today while I am out, and Ian needs to practice & get used to driving in Daly City, since that is where he is taking his driving test.

Also this past week - The garage door opener died, and I had to get a new one installed.  Also my home router died, and I had to get a new one sent out, then had to reconfigure our network so that our computers work with it.  Still don't have the printer up. But while the router was down, Ian couldn't do any of his schoolwork - it's all online.  Even his chemistry review & lab sheets.  The corvette I mentioned already, and I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Freehling.  She is not happy with the way the incision is healing, so I have to put a gel on the site 3 times a day. Ian is doing fine with his allergies, but I have to get the carpet cleaned.  I still can't exercise for another week, and I have to have a new sleep study done.

Ian is playing with the Kensington Symphony Orchestra on the 23rd and they have a dress rehearsal on Wednesday, the 20th.  Which was the day I had scheduled for the sleep study, so now I have to move it.  Ian will have to stay overnight by himself when I have the study done, or go to a friend's house.  Can't use my current CPAP with my nose though. I have to sleep sitting up, which means I'm pretty tired.  Been sleeping sitting up since the surgery.  But it's only another week, and if Ian gets his license on Wednesday than things will be easier the week after next.

My dreams have been of me arguing with my partner/roommate about finances and keeping things in stock at home.  She was furious that I was wasting space and money buying things like tissues and toilet paper only to put them in the pantry instead of using them right away.  I was arguing back that I most certainly did NOT want to run out of toilet paper while I was sitting on the can, but she wasn't even listening to that.  I finally walked away and bought the things to have in reserve anyway.  She yelled at me some more when I got home but I didn't care.

Trying to find little bits of time for me in between the runnings around.  I barely get home in time to put the dishes in the dishwasher and collapse into bed for 5 or 6 hours before I hav to get up and run again.  Yesterday was the exception - we ended up eating all our meals out yesterday, so no dishes.  ugh.

I have three new books and haven't been able to start on any of them.

At least we're not snowed in.

No comments: