Friday, October 1, 2010

it's COLD

Yeah, I know, the last entry was me complaining about how hot it was, and today, well, you guessed it, it’s cold. I’m only complaining a little bit though. I like the colder weather and the fog. I can deal with 60 and foggy a lot better than 85 and sunny.

Yesterday was Ian’s 14th birthday. Wow. He was a little irritated because I used a picture of him at his first birthday as my avatar. I think it’s a great picture:



We had 14 high chairs in our back yard for all the September (96) babies. Even at just under a year (the party was actually in late August), my kid knew what he liked, and that was chocolate. He still does. And I still have some of that blue table covering downstairs. lol.

This year, we got him a Sony Playstation 3 and a couple games for his birthday. And then 12 of us (6 adults and 6 kids) all went to Benihana’s for dinner up in San Francisco. It was great - for the first time the youngest was actually old enough to sit with the kids (on the end, next to Mom at the next table, but still.) This little guy has a LOT of energy, and he’s smart and creative, so it could have been a recipe for trouble, but he was great!!! I was going to tell him how proud I was that he made it through the longish dinner and was a such a good boy, but his dad had already started taking him down to the car to get a start on loading everyone up.

Ken is going to make Ian one of his fabulous chocolate cheesecakes tomorrow as sort of an “official” birthday cake, but that will most likely be just the three of us. Tomorrow is a busy day.

No comments: