Wow, it’s been a week since I last wrote. So much has happened, yet I am so bad at writing it this week. School is going well for Ian. He started his Japanese class at the local college and really loves it. He is the youngest one in the class (no surprise), but the second youngest person in the class is only a day older than he is.☺ I was a bit worried because the day class started it was 106ºF out at 5pm, and I wasn’t sure if the classroom was air-conditioned. But, it was (yay!). He also started his pottery class this week, and this coming Monday he starts Orchestra again. Swimming & bowling won’t start until after Labor day, though.
I continue to get better, although never fast enough. Driving to San Mateo and back tires me, and it’s only about a 20 mile drive. Yesterday we had to go from San Mateo to San Francisco and then home through Pacifica, and I was so wiped and sore I’m surprised I didn’t fall asleep at 8pm.
We had a power outage for a while last night, somewhere after 2am, and I was very glad I spent the extra $75 to get the rechargeable battery when I bought my new C-PAP machine last year. I could sleep without snoring right through the outage.
One of my stops yesterday was to see the podiatrist about my pinkie toe that I mashed last week. It still hurts like all get-out, even though it’s not purple or anything. The Dr. doesn’t think it’s broken, but he’s not sure, so he took x-rays and splinted it, and I have to come back in a week.
Then, last night, at about 9:30pm (!), one of the notary services called and wanted to know if I could go to San Carlos *that night* for a signing. She was begging, but I really couldn’t - I was so sore and tired, and I’d taken Darvocet for the pain only an hour prior. Not going to try to navigate twisty mountain roads under those conditions, nor am I going to try to find an address for a midnight signing. To be honest, it kind of creeped me out, too.
Today is an at-home day, thank goodness. My foot and abdomen both hurt enough this morning that I am still on the painkillers. ☹ Not sure what we’re going to do for dinner, but it’s not going to be going out.
No comments:
Post a Comment