So, yesterday Ian got home from LARP camp. He had a huge grin on his face, and from the stories he has been telling, he loved it. Called it the “best camping trip ever.” So, OK, the other two weren’t exactly things to write home about (Cazadero with the little kids, Camp Mather), but even so. He *wants* to go back to this one.
School starts in a week, and neither Ken nor I are at all prepared, so I started yesterday. Had a bit of a panic when I noticed that the Literature texts I had the school buy me were not on the UC (University of California) -approved list, but when I talked to my ed. specialist she said that it was OK so long as they met the state standards (which they did). She is checking to see if Ian’s Japanese classes will count as an official, UC-approved foreign language. Seems sensible to me, since the big stuff in game design is all coming from Japan, but this is college bureauocracy we’re talking about, so one never knows.
I am still getting tired way too easily, and hurt when I move too much. But now there’s another twist to it - I hurt if I move too little. Jeesh.
The guys took off in a rush to get Ian to Music Theory on time, but then it apparently had been cancelled without anyone telling us, so he was actually an hour early for quartet practice. I told Ken to go get some chocolate, but he said “no way - I have a parking spot!” Those of you that know San Francisco (or any large city most likely) know the value of that, and I can’t really argue with them. I was going to go with them this time, but I just wasn’t up to it. Glad I didn’t try to rush around and get me ready as well, I would have been tired for two days, and it would have mostly been for naught.
Ken has been helping Ian’s quartet coach these past few weeks, and I think Ian’s coach appreciates it. Not everyone’s parents can understand the crazy music the coach likes. And even though Ken doesn’t read bass clef well, he’s really good at treble clef (classical guitar, clarinet, alto sax, and flute will do that to you), and that makes him good with the violins, leaving the coach to work with the viola (the coach’s main instrument), and cello (Ian, and also in bass clef mostly). I think Ken has fun with it as well. Wonder if it counts towards the 20 hours we need to donate to the orchestra. Hmmm.
Not much happening other than that. I need to take a shower. That will most likely be one of the highlights of my day. :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment