Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grumpy again

You know, it doesn’t take a whole lot to make me grumpy, if you know what to do. Like, leave the cat food bowls down until they get ants, which happened yesterday. And then, after *knowing* that there are ants after the cat food bowls, to continue to leave them down so the ants can find them again. Which happened today. Now, that makes me grumpy on several accounts.

First, it makes me grumpy because no one bothered to pick up the mess they made in a timely fashion. Wet cat food bowls on the floor are a form of mess that needs to be cleaned up. It also makes me grumpy because right now, it HURTS for me to have to bend down to the floor and pick things up. Also, I despise having to clean up ants in the cat food bowl because I have repeatedly told the offending parties that they MUST pick the bowls up or we will have ants. And once we have ants, it takes MONTHS to get rid of them. And today I am extra grumpy because the offending parties took off to the City leaving me to have to hurt myself picking up said cat food bowls and cleaning up the ants on the floor and the ant trails to and from the spot where the cat bowls were.

That, in and of itself is enough to make me grumpy. But today I have even more stuff to make me grumpy. First, my notary appointment person did not answer her phone for a week. Then, when I finally get ahold of her this morning, she’s all, “Yeah, I guess my phone wasn’t working.” How can someone not know their phone wasn’t working for a week?! She has family, grandkids, etc., calling her. Well, I got there and realized that yeah, she probably didn’t really notice.

What I did notice is that she smoked. A lot. And her house smelled like it, too. She’s been living there almost 40 years, and it smelled like 40 years of stale cigarettes. Yuck. Fortunately, she wanted to get the signing over with quickly so it only took half an hour. But it was hard for me, and several times I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack. Fortunately, I got out of there before it became a reality, but when I got home I had to completely strip off all my clothes and take another shower (I took one this morning). Uggh. So now, I have taken said shower, fought with the stupid Fax machine to fax 50 pages back to the notary signing agency (who had told me it was “just a couple” notarizations. NOT), and am waiting for them to get around to giving me the OK to send the stuff.

Perhaps I wouldn’t be so grumpy about all the above, except that yesterday I think I broke my baby toe. I smashed it but good on a very heavy sisal mat outside, and it still hurts like all get-out, not to mention that it’s a bit swollen and turning red and purple, and there’s either a big bump or big indentation on the toe. It hurts enough that I needed to take some Darvocet. I don’t need it for my surgery anymore, but I need it for this d*mn toe.

And, to top it all off, when I get to the kitchen, I notice that not only do we have the ants in the cat food bowls (see above), but no one has bothered to rinse or stack their dishes all morning, or from lunch. So I have stinky chili bowls full of unwanted tomatoes just dumped in the sink, with plates that have peanut butter on them carelessly tossed to the side of the sink. We are lucky that today, the ants didn’t find that. It’s even worse when the stupid little buggers get into the countertops.

Why, why WHY, oh why can’t people take the two minutes it takes to rinse and stack the dishes? They have time to spend 15 - 20 minutes in the bathroom, or to read their non-school books, or watch anime, or some other dumb network show on the computer. But, the two minutes it takes to rinse the dishes so they don’t stink, and draw ants, or have the cats eat stuff they shouldn’t? NO time whatsoever. Well, perhaps I just don’t have time to do laundry today or tomorrow. I mean, if they can’t even be bothered to rinse stuff, which is for their OWN GOOD, then why should I be put out? I shouldn’t. And, right now, I can’t because I have to sit with my feet up to try and get my toe to stop hurting, and because the bending down to the floor made my incision hurt. Darvocet, hhere I come again.

OK, I feel a bit better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

4boyz4me said...

I'm sorry. :( As you know, I've had many days like that. Thankfully not any that were recently after major surgery but those have happened in the past too. It stinks. Unfortunately if you stop doing the laundry tho, they won't notice that either or care. Sad truth is you need to grab the power cords and unplug the people from the machines and possibly box up the books to get the point across some days.


Hope they get the message soon.