Good news first. We had Ken's check-up and he's doing so well he doesn't have to come back for a month! Yay!! At that time, they're going to scan him again head to hips, but only a CT scan (not an MRI), and with no contrast, so it will be about 5 minutes of his time. Too bad it takes 45 minutes to get there, but hey, if it's a nice day he can take the top off the Corvette and enjoy the sun.
Like we did today. Yep, we took the top off the Corvette and ran all our errands & doctor visits in it. I didn't even get sunburned but that may be because we stopped at RiteAid and got some sunblock (which now resides in the car.)
Less great news is that the IRS refund check didn't post to our account today, so no iPad for me. That was probably the biggest disappointment of the day. That and my being stupid about eating and ending up on a clear liquid diet starting with a bottle of magnesium citrate before I'd had a chance to have a last bite to eat. So by the time I get to surgery tomorrow, it will have been almost 24 hours since I had anything more solid than beef broth in my stomach. le sigh.
Ken even stopped to get me some jell-o and sprite, but the only kind of jell-o they had left at Safeway was the sugar-free kind. He bought some, and I tried it, but it all tasted like soap to me, and even more, it made me not want to eat anything sweet again tonight. bleah. So when Ken got done working for the day he made me a pot of tea. yay! And I had some chicken broth that was OK for dinner, then took a bit of the beef broth from the vegetable beef soup I made us yesterday and had some of that. My stomach seems to be holding OK, and I'm not hungry, so that's good.
I keep going back and forth about wanting the iPad with me at the hospital. On the one hand - books! crossword puzzles! jigsaw puzzles! email! Farmville! all on one screen that I can actually see. On the other, ... what if it gets stolen? How sad would that be?! I'm not getting the iPad with the 3G service since I'm not about to pay AT&T another $30/month for another device when I have a perfectly good iPhone. But even so, it would be irritating for me to lose it or have it stolen after all the trouble it took to get it. Ken will pick one up for me after I go into surgery, or tomorrow evening, or whenever.
No comments:
Post a Comment